You know when you find a pattern that just fits. I have quite broad shoulders and a long back, so usually have to tweek patterns to get them to fit, but not with Melissa, if fits straight off the printer. I made a blouse and skirt with this patterm for Separates week over at The Monthly Stitch and decided to make another blouse for One Pattern Two Takes. I previously blogged about my adventures with Melissa here.
The fabric I used was a man's shirt I bought from a charity shop and some white cotton from my stash. It was a bright sunny evening when we took these photos and the colour has washed out somewhat, the stripe is actually very close to my skirt colour. I decided not to include the back contrast chevon as I thought it might look a little busy, but did include the chevron trim on the pockets.
I utilised the original buttons and buttonholes from the men's shirt, which has lead to me being confused no end as the shirt buttons the wrong way. When I do this again I will try and remember to cut the front upside down (provided it's not a directional print), to get the buttons to do up the Ladies way.
Making this for a second time, did make the process a whole lot faster. The only fiddly bit was of my own making, as I had to bind the collar with a bias strip as I wasn't utilising the facings.
I already have plans to make this blouse again with some not so subtle red gingham for Check it Out Month.
It's been really fun to participate in IMP2015, now I just have to keep up with the posting.